Youth Red Cross
The Youth Red Cross (YRC) is the most important constituent of its mother organization Indian Red Cross. It is a team movement organized at the initial stages for students between the age of 18 and 25 years in the Institution led, by a professor called as the Programme Officer. The students are trained guided and encouraged to carry out Youth Red Cross activities.
Objectives of YRC
- To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth.
- To foster better friendly relationship with all without any discrimination.
- To inculcate the awareness of health care of individual and public.
- To understand and acceptance of civic responsibilities and humanitarian.
Principles of YRC
- Protection of health and life.
- Service to the sick and suffering.
- Promotion of National and International friendship.
- Promotion of potentialities of the Youth to enable them to render skilled philanthropic service toned up by a sense of self-sacrifice, for the mitigation of suffering of the needy and the distressed.
- Promotion of health, hygiene and sanitation and cognate subjects among the members of the community for prevention of diseases and mitigation of suffering.
- Promotion of motivations among the youth for fostering friendship and fraternity (the spirit of “Tuttifratelli”) at the national and international level.
- Promotion of qualities of leadership and traits of personality among the youth.
- Promotion of spirit of self-reliance and dignity of labor among the youth.
- Promotion of training in various skills to render qualified service to the needy.
- Promotion of factors which may contribute to the establishment of peace at the national and international level.
|Principal||Dr. Shanthappa B C|
|Program officer||Prof. Jayadevappa R S|
|Faculty member||Prof. Madhukumar Davangere|
|Student vice chairman||Bharath 7th sem ECE|
|Student secretary||Mahantesh 7th sem ECE|
|District Representative||Yajaman Belludi Mahendra Nath|
|1||05-06-2015||Saplings plantation at SJMIT campus in eve of World Environment Day||SJMIT Camus|
|2||14-03-2017||Dr B R Ambedkar Jayanthi||IT Block, SJMIT|
|3||05-06-2017||World environment day||SJMIT campus|
|4||31-08-2017||Fruit distribution for patients||Basaveshwara hospital chitradurga|
|5||28-10-2017||First aid and basic life support||Civil seminar hall|
|6||08-03-2018||Conduction of Quiz program||IT block SJMIT|
|7||24-08-2018||Blood donation awareness program||Step hall, SJMIT|