Student Welfare Cell
To encourage students’ individual, academic and integrated development by providing leadership and counseling services and thus prepare them for a diverse, enterprising and global society.
- To provide a comprehensive, harmony, competent and responsive system to facilitate a good learning environment to the students.
- To arrange various leadership, social, extracurricular and counseling programs to inculcate responsibility among students so as to enable them to become productive citizens of the society
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To monitor day to day essential support required for academic and co-curricular activities of students.
- To prepare plan and execute programmes for holistic development of the students.
- To nominate student representatives to various bodies of the University in consultation with elected student body.
- To enable students to participate effectively in the management of Hostels and also in organization of the students related activities.
- To advice Student Council as and when required.
- To work with the Assistant Director of Sports, Hostel Wardens, Sport Officer, Cultural Officer for all matters related to students’ Welfare.
- To arrange to depute students to participate events/programmes outside the University.
- To keep in touch with the guardians as and when required.
- To arrange for maintenance of students’ discipline in the Campus.
- To Provide leadership for individual students and integrate them with other students.
- To Provide care and support for individual students, particularly if they are not used to being away from home.
- Arranging for emergency health service, as and when the need arises.
Student Welfare Officer
Department of Electronics & Communication Engg.,
This office is committed to student well being and betterment under the leadership of Prof.Siddesh.K.B. It strives for the all round development of the students in all spheres of life through counseling & various other student-oriented programs.
List of Events Conducted:
- Initiative in cleaning the neighborhood on 02-01-2013 at Chitradurga city area with 120 participants.
- Blood donation camp at SJMIT Campus on 2 -10- 2013 with 180 participants.
- Blood donation camp by LEAD on 05-2-2014 at Basveshwara Medical College.
- Awareness about Eco-friendly Idols on 05-09-2014 at Chitradurga city with 75 participants.
- Students attended “LEADership Program” conducted by LEAD at Hubli, from 2nd – 12th July, 2015.
- LEAD Orientation program conducted on 25-09-2015 at STEP, SJMIT for 200 participants.
- International Women’s Day celebration on 08-03-2016 at SJMIT Campus with 100 participants. 10.3Kms Marathon titled as “RUN FOR SHE” on Women’s Day (08-03-2016 ) 300 participants.
- Students attended a program “LEAD PRAYANA” from 23rd Jan, to 6th Feb, 2016.
- Orientation Programme for fresher’s on 11-3-16 at STEP, SJMIT for 321 participants.