Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee
On 13th Aug 1997, the Supreme Court of India issued a judgment, Vishaka judgment that recognized and addressed sexual harassment at the workplace as a human rights violation. The Supreme Court in its judgment said every woman has a right to a safe workplace. The court gave directives for all employers/organizations making it mandatory to institute sexual harassment complaints committees at workplaces. The judgment also created sexual harassment prevention guidelines for the workplace. The sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013 has replaced the guidelines/norms laid down by Hon’ able Supreme Court on sexual harassment and came into force from 9 December 2013. The Govt. of India made rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act, 2013.
The Internal Complaints Committee is responsible for investigating every formal written complaint of sexual harassment and taking appropriate remedial measures to respond to any substantiated allegations of sexual harassment.
The Internal Complaints Committee shall inquire into the complaints as per the provisions of Section 11 of the Act, 2013. The Committee may give recommendations as may be considered necessary under the provision of Section 12 of the Act, 2013 and based on these recommendations, the Competent Authority shall take appropriate action.
- Prohibition of any hierarchical oppression exercised based on gender inequality that prohibits intellectual or academic growth.
- Prevention of gender biased attitude when it comes to adjudication of efficacy of work allocated within working hours.
- Protection of the fundamental rights of a woman.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To help women to realize their rights of freedom.
- To treat sexual harassment as a misconduct and initiate punitive actions for such misconduct.
- To assist the aggrieved woman to place the complaint.
- To safe guard the one who is victimized.
- To educate and train students about sexual harassment.
|1||Dr. B C Shanthappa||Principal||Chairman|
|2||Smt. Pushpa K G||Asso. Prof. Dept of E & C||Coordinator|
|3||Smt. Basantha Kumari||Asso. Prof. & Warden||Coordinator|
|4||Prof. Sridhar||HOD, Dept of Mechanical||Member|
|5||Sri. Jagadeesh S||Office Superintendent||Member|
|6||Pro. Kumarswamy B G||HOD, Dept of E & E||Member|
|7||Smt. Pavithra A P||Asso.Prof, Dept of E & C||Member|
|8||Smt. Beena Sheril||Asst. Prof & Deputy Warden||Member|
|9||Prof. P S Shashidhar||HOD, Dept of Mechanical||Member|
|10||Prof. Halaswamy||HOD, Dept of Civil||Member|
|11||Smt. Vani H V||Asso.Prof, Dept of E & E||Member|
|12||Smt. Devika B G||Asst.Prof, Dept of Physics||Member|
|13||Smt. Shruthi M K||Asso.Prof, Dept of C S & E||Member|
|14||Varalakshmi H N||Account Section||Member|
|15||Prof. Puttappa B||HOD, Dept of Physics||Member|
|16||Sri. Bharath P B||HOD, Dept of Automobile||Member|