SJM Vidyapeetha is committed to provide best infrastructure, to meet the requirements necessary for imparting technical education as prescribed by the statutory bodies.
The policy for infrastructure management is framed considering the guidelines of statutory bodies having scope for procurement or building of infrastructure up gradation, utilization, safety, maintenance, insurance, modernization and removal of obsolescence etc.,
The Institution has wide campus spread over 23 acres with buildings for adequate class rooms, smart class rooms, well stocked library, well equipped laboratories/workshops, seminar halls, staff rooms, toilets, hostel facilities for boys and girls, playground, gymnasium and auditorium for conducting UG and PG programs for each Department.
In addition, the college has separate rest rooms for girl students. Infrastructure facilitates for organizing cultural events, special lecturers, leadership and entrepreneurship training programs etc.,
Other facilities available in the campus are
- Health care facilities
- Reading room
- Driving school
- Xerox centre
- R & D centres
- Juice centre
Considering physically challenged students, provisions of ramp and wheel chairs are made. For such students, most of the class rooms are in ground floor.
The institution has sufficient infrastructure for sports including both outdoor and indoor games. Grounds/courts are available for games such as volleyball, throw ball, cricket, football, kabaddi, Kho Kho, basket ball, handball, table-tennis, carom, chess etc.,
The campus is located at 3Km from the centre of the city and more than 10Km from rural areas of the town. The Institution provides transportation facility for both students and staff.There are sufficient number of buses which take care of commutation of the students.
The town transport service (KSRTC) also runs city buses from important areas of town to the institution.
The extensive use of ICT resources including development and use of computer-aided teaching/ learning materials by its staff and students. All the college repositories undertaking reports, research papers, giving e- journal login to IEEE, Springer, Science direct, Elsevier, etc. In addition, R&D labs having the product devices required for instructing, learning and research object are likewise accessible on the LAN.
All computers are in LAN with 10 to 100 Mbps with Internet connectivity 5- 20 Mbps for Digital Library & Internet Usage with Wi-Fi facilities. The Wi-Fi facilitated from 2008 and frequently updated.
Maintenance of Campus Infrastructure
The Institution has implemented proper mechanisms for maintenance and up keeping of the infrastructure, facilities and equipment of the Institute.
- Institute has skilled non-teaching staff and attenders for maintenance and repair of infrastructure.
- Round-the-clock services of a carpenter, electrician and a plumber are available in the campus.
- The civil works maintenance is monitored by the Civil Engineering Department.
- Electrical maintenance is monitored by the electricians appointed for the purpose.Electrical Engineering Department is looking after all the Electrical maintenance of the campus.
- The Computer science & Engineering Department looks after the maintenance of the computers in each department.
- The laboratory attenders ensure clean working conditions in the laboratory and maintain the cleanliness of the apparatus. For certain sophisticated instruments, more importance is given for maintenance.
- Two Generators each having the capacity of 70 KVA, and three UPS systems each of capacity 30 KVA to ensure the uninterrupted power supply in the campus during power failure.
- The computers, laptops, LCD, UPS, printers, air conditioners and generators are repaired by the out source personnel.
- The maintenance of Science laboratories is taken care of by the laboratory assistants.
- The Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department takes care of voltage maintenance as the campus is provided with H T facility.
- The labs are provided with voltage stabilizers and UPS of required capacity to safe guard computers, equipments and Air conditioners.
- The campus has over head tanks of sufficient capacity at required points to cater the needs of departments and hostels.
- Continuous water supply is ensured by three bore wells in the campus whose maintenance is carried out by helpers.
- Annual maintenance of RO plant for drinking water facility taken care by external agency.
- A fleet of busses are maintained under the supervision of Automobile/Mechanical staff.
- Maintenance of landscape is taken care by the physical education department.
- Enough security is provided for entire campus.