Internal Quality Assurance Cell ( I Q A Cell )
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institution. The IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. It will channelize all efforts and measures taken by the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
The Primary aim of IQAC is:
- To ensure conscious, consistent functioning of the system and to improve the academic performance of the institution.
- To ensure stakeholders connected with higher Education, namely parents, teachers, staff, employers, funding agencies and society in general, to provide the quality and integrity of the system.
- To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the Institution.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected by the IQAC are:
- Application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- To promote measures for the functioning of the Institution towards quality enhancement through initialization of quality culture.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve Institutional functioning.
- To act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Institution.
- To build a better internal communication
- To provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
The list of members in the IQAC committee
|Name of the Members||I Q A C Designation||Category|
|Dr. G.N. Mallikarjunappa
Executive Director, SJM Vidyapeetha, Chitradurga
|Dr. B.C shanthappa
|Chairman||Head of the Institute|
|Dr. Jagannatha N
Professor , PG Coordinator
|Dr. Rajanna G.S.
Professor & Head (E&C)
|Dr. H.R Manohara
Professor and Dean (R & D)
|Prof. Poral Nagaraj
Professor & Dean (Academics)
Professor & Head (MECH)
|Prof. C.H. Halaswamy
Professor & Head (CIVIL)
|Dr. Kumara swamy B.G.
Professor & Head (E & E)
Professor & Head (AUTO)
Professor & Head (CS & E)
|Mr. Chandrakanth T. M.
MD. PVC AGRITECH, Chitradurga
|Mr. G.N Murthy
Engineer & Contractor.
Vaishnavi Builders, Chitradurga
|Mr. Umesh Veerappa Tuppad
Professor , SJM Polytechnic, Chitradurga
|Mr. Riyaz Rehaman
Industrilst, Holalkere road, Chitradurga
|Member||Stake holder (Alumni)|
VI Semester Mechanical Engineering